NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
Price: Dependent on location + VAT.
Routledge course manual is included in the price.
Duration: 5 days
To be accepted for this course, please complete the checkout above and the questions within our Training Booking Form.
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management Course is for individuals who are responsible for an organisations Environmental Management System (EMS). It covers the practical issues of managing environmental risk based upon best practice and industry standards.
It is great for those who want to further their expertise in environmental management systems, gaining a better understanding of environmental issues and legislation. It also covers standards which an organisations EMS is based upon and audited against, such as the ISO 14001, Green Dragon or BS8555.
This is an interactive course which includes presentations, practical workshops, role-play and case studies.
- One written paper for unit EC1 and one practical application for unit EC2.
- Written paper has 11 compulsory questions, 120 minute duration.
- Environmental workplace based application to be carried out in the candidate’s own workplace.
- The practical application must normally be completed within 10 working days either side of the written examination
Management and control of environmental hazards.
- Element 1: Foundations in environmental management
- Element 2: Environmental management systems
- Element 3: Environmental impact assessments
- Element 4: Control of emissions to air
- Element 5: Control of contamination of water sources
- Element 6: Control of waste and land use
- Element 7: Sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
- Element 8: Control of environmental noise
- Element 9: Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
Unit EC1 2018 Exam dates:
Standard examination sittings for the NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management are held four times a year in March, June, September and December. Look online to find your nearest exam location.
- Wednesday 7 March 2018 (am)
- Wednesday 6 June 2018 (am)
- Wednesday 5 September 2018 (am)
- Wednesday 5 December 2018 (am)
Environmental practical application
Who should attend?
- Managers, supervisors and employees, who have responsibility for managing environment issues as part of their day to day duties.
- Those responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of their organisation’s EMS (ISO14001, Green Dragon, BS8555).
- Quality and Health and Safety Auditors who want to improve their professional competence in the area of environmental auditing.
- Environmental professionals that wish to improve their understanding of the EMS auditing process.
Outcome and Qualification
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be issued with a NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management Course Certificate. This is dependent on the individual’s performance during the final examination and practical application exercise carried out in their workplace.
This certificate meets the requirements for the following memberships:
- IEMA Associate level membership (AIEMA) as long as you apply within three years of achieving your Certificate
- The Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) to meet the requirements for Technician Membership (TechCIWEM).
- Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
In-house and bespoke courses
Our tailored courses can identify and address specific training needs in your organisation. All courses are offered at a reduced price and can be based on an existing course or delivered to meet your particular requirements.
Courses are delivered at your own site. If you prefer to take your training off-site, we can help you arrange a training venue in a suitable location.
The benefits of bespoke courses include:
- Flexible, tailored training.
- Content designed to address specific needs against your current management system.
- Scenarios relating to real life experiences of your organisation.
- Training courses at a time & location to suit your business.
- Save on travel and overnight accommodation expenses.
- Training delivery for up to 4 delegates at one inclusive cost.
To discuss your specific requirements
Call 01792 846000