Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
Organisations that qualify for the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) will need to carry out their first ESOS assessment and notify the Environment Agency by the 5th December 2015 in order to be compliant with the policy.
It is estimated that the ESOS Regulations will effect approximately 10,000 organisations across the UK.
The ESOS Regulations enact Article 8 of Directive 2012/ 27 EU on Energy Efficiency. The Regulation requires large undertakings and their corporate groups to;
- Measure their total energy consumption for industrial processes, transport and use within buildings
- Conduct energy audits to identify cost- effective energy efficiency recommendations
- Report compliance to the Environment Agency.
How can the Green Business Centre help your business?
The Green Business Centre is qualified to act as third-party Lead Energy Assessors for ESOS. With over 10 years’ experience in energy assessments, our lead IEMA registered energy auditor can work with obligated organisations to help them remain compliant with the ESOS requirements.
The Green Business Centre can;
- Conduct ESOS assessments
- Undertake a gap analysis of any current procedures to compare against the ESOS requirements
- Assist with the development of an Energy Management System and related policies and procedures
- Identify cost-effective opportunities to reduce your energy consumption.